The Financial Adviser School is set up to help people start or further their careers in financial advice. We aim to give fledgling financial advisers a career, not just a qualification. For existing advisers, we offer a structured programme to achieve the advanced qualifications leading to Chartered Status with the London Institute of Banking and Finance (LIBF) - the gold-standard of financial advice. The training we deliver is completely different to a basic qualification tuition package.
Owned by Quilter, the school operates from within the financial advice sector to identify and fill career opportunities, working in collaboration with both learners and adviser firms. We welcome learners who already work in the industry as well as those starting from scratch.
Our unique and fully supported training programme is based on giving individuals the skills they need to achieve, as quickly as possible, competent adviser status.
What learners achieve through the Financial Adviser School
After 58 weeks, learners leave us with:
- the Diploma for Financial Advisers and the Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice
- often, a placement in a financial advice firm, if they don’t already have one
- a clear and supported career route
- the skills needed to get stuck into their new career straight away.
Advisers who already hold the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Advice can:
- In 18 months pass each of the four modules required to attain the Adv DipFA®, a level 6 qualification leading to Chartered Status with The LIBF (or any of the individual modules can be studied in isolation)
- be equipped with the expertise needed to provide complex financial advice and planning services to customers.
Adviser firms benefit from:
- spending less time and resources providing training support and getting their trainee adviser to competent adviser status more quickly
- a motivated, qualified and highly-trained individual who can be moulded to their firm’s culture
- a new adviser to help grow their business – either by reaching out to new clients, or by freeing up experienced advisers
- a blended training programme to attain exams for specific licensed areas of business, such as Pension Transfers, Long Term Care and Later Life Planning.